Tuesday 28 July 2015

Summer Updates 2015

I'm back. As you may have seen, yesterday I managed to get my Metropolis post up after a week or so of trying to tweak it before forgetting about it for many months only to remember it, finish it off and post it all yesterday.

A lot of things happened in that four month stretch of inactivity, most notably my AS exams and the preparation for them, which I believe is a good enough excuse for my lack of posts (or, at least, it’s the best excuse you’re getting). But now I'm on my summer holiday, slumped in my chair failing to be a productive member of society, I'm going to try and get back on the horse and crack out a few more posts before I go back to college in September and, undoubtedly, get snowed under by the workload.

So, what do you guys have to look forward to? First thing, and probably the most exciting: Films! No, not just films I'm going to talk about on here, but actual films I've made! Yep, this year marks the first time I've actually managed to finish a video project that I can refer to as a film with a straight face, and there are plenty more to come. Here’s a quick run-through of what to expect:
  •  Rapid Vengeance – The second film by me and my partner-in-crime Andrew, made last month in only three weeks for the end of our AS Film Studies. This has already been posted on Vimeo for all to see! (Link on the sidebar or click here)
  • Maxwell – Me and Andrew’s first film, made for our Film Studies coursework between November 2014 and March 2015. Since it’s coursework, I can’t really post this until after results day, but you can expect this on Vimeo mid-to-late August.
  • Specimen 23 – A short stop motion film I'm about to start work on. I've finally got a few technical difficulties ironed out, so hopefully I’ll start work on this within the next few days, and have it uploaded sometime in August.
  • ‘Departure’ [Currently unnamed short film] – A quick little live action summer project I plan to make. I can’t say yet how long it will take or when we’ll start production, but it’s unlikely you’ll see this before September.

I’ll be making short notices on here to let you know when each of these have been uploaded, with appropriate links for you to follow as well.

Secondly, I’ll also be trying to make a few more blog posts, of course. I must admit, when I first started this blog, I already had a couple of ideas in mind of subjects to talk about, but unfortunately that idea backlog sort of dried up with the release of the Metropolis post yesterday. However, I'm definitely going to try and come up with some more interesting things to talk to you guys about, although forgive me if some of the new posts don’t reach the essay-size of previous posts, especially 2000 word epics like Michael. But I’ll definitely try to get a few up here before I go back in September.

Well, that's about it for today. Remember to check out Rapid Vengeance, follow my Vimeo for more films, and stay tuned here for more of my mildly cynical ramblings. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment